Sunday, December 18, 2011

Caroling: Linus and Luke




I am not going to lie. Today was a pretty day, the Saints were playing, and I needed rest, so when it was time to leave home and go to the Youth House for caroling, my heart wasn't totally in it. BUT, because our God is a God of a love greater than we know possible, my heart was changed.


Mr. Chip said it best. You know that scene in Charlie Brown's Christmas when Linus quotes from the Gospel of Luke:


And with those words, it all changes. We walked into one woman's home this afternoon and you could see the loneliness on her face. As we sang and prayed with her she cried and cried and I thought to myself, "Who says Jesus is not born again on Christmas Day?" In this moment we bring Christ, a baby of hope and love to a woman who needed to feel the loving embrace of our savior!


St. Theresa of Avila said, "Christ has no hands and no feet in this world but ours." Indeed, tonight, we were those hand and feet. Thank you to all the youth who joined us tonight. How bless are we to have such great love and joy that it is enough to spill over into the hearts of our community. Great is our God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment